PIF - Paying It Forward
November 18, 2019, 05:00:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "We ride because we see long lines of cars and trucks, creeping along toward another day, a crummy one just like yesterday. We ride by, glance into those cars and trucks and can't imagine being one of THEM, when we could be, we ARE, one of us." - Maynard Hershon, Citybike, 9/05

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I. AM. SO. EMBARRASSED!!!  (Read 2375 times)
Hick

Deere Power!

« on: October 12, 2013, 10:08:42 AM »

Remember I had said the fuel pump was running, although not very good.  It was also running with the relay unhooked.  There was NO POSSIBLY WAY that could be.   Printed out the wiring diagrams from the book so I could tape them together and follow each line.  Looked at the pump diagram again.

I wonder . . .

The wires going to the pump and low fuel relay are covered in black, so you cannot see what color they are w/o pulling back the cover.
(You see what is coming, don't you?)

Yep, had the low fuel indicator wire on the fuel pump connector.  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Switched wires, and the pump works great!!  I'll put a hose on the line and pump gas into container to see if the low fuel light works.

Now, onto the Neutral indicator.  Got the front cover off, will see if I can get the switch cleaned up so I don't have to replace it.  Now would be the time to put on a gear indicator light, but those seem to have been discontinued by Air Ride.

BTW: There is a circuit test for the 3rd, 4th, and OD in the gear indicator switch; I assume those are for emissions/cruise computers.  But I seem to recall someone talking about an OD indicator light.  Is there one on an '88?

Hick

Deere Power!

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 06:10:36 PM »

Inside the Gear Indicator switch. For some reason, Mother Honda made the internal contact for Neutral much smaller than the others. It had worn down below the level of the plastic around it. The point on the slider (left) is large enough that it bridged over the contact.

SOLUTION: Take a Dremel tool with a VERY small grinding ball and remove plastic around the N contact. Use larger ball and bevel slider contact to a smaller area. (These are the "before" pix, forgot to take "after".)

RESULT: one repaired switch.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: