PIF - Paying It Forward
July 18, 2019, 07:11:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Pump Relay - I'm cornfused!  (Read 2652 times)
Hick

Deere Power!

« on: October 09, 2013, 06:10:36 PM »

When I told him I had a defective fuel pump, the fellow at the parts store asked me if I had enough power going to the pump.  Sure, it's cranking over very good, plenty of voltage.

The replacement pump is running just as poorly.  Angry

Then this morning (about 4:30 AM) I got to thinking;  just because the battery has 12.5 volts does not mean it is getting to the pump.

So tonight after work, decided to do some more troubleshooting.  Took the wire off the pump and applied full battery charger voltage to the pump.  Ran like a top!

Checked voltage at the pump wire, about 1 volt low.  Loosing that much will also kill the amps going to it.  Searched through the two pages of wiring diagram (to run a fuel pump?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!).  Found the relay (good info on where to find it in the book!)   Unplugged it to check the wiring.  THE PUMP RUNS W/O THE RELAY BEING PLUGGED IN!  From looking at the wiring diagram, this should NOT be!

Any ideas?  I know a short is possible, but doubtful.  Has anyone else run into this?

Jerry Fouquette
Administrator

No respect!

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 06:40:45 AM »

It's too late for my advice.  Next time buy a bike that already runs and ride it!   crossy

I'll do anything to lose weight, except eat less or excercise.

John Anderson

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 08:52:35 AM »

Where do I find the fuel pump??  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: