PIF - Paying It Forward
October 22, 2019, 07:53:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sticky reverse button  (Read 1723 times)
Shep

« on: December 20, 2013, 08:19:47 PM »

My 03 had a sticky reverse button it finally stuck and I couldn't get it to come back out.
I took the housing apart tried everything I could think of ended up breaking the button, plastic junk anyway I was telling a buddy about my problem and just how much I hated the junk push buttons mother honda has, I was wishing I could find a toggle switch that I could substitute for the junk one.
A couple weeks later we were at dinner with a bunch of our riding friends and he walked up and droped a micro toggle switch in my hand.
It was a three way and that was exactly what I needed, I installed it and wa la fixed the switch was so small it would just fall out the hole where the original switch was located so I just used jb weld and filled in the hole.
Not only that but it also sorta works as a anti theft if you flip it to center nothing works all the way to the left is neutral all the way right is reverse.

The two most important names I've been called "Dad, and Grandpa" all the rest are just names!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: