PIF - Paying It Forward
November 18, 2018, 10:51:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "We ride because we see long lines of cars and trucks, creeping along toward another day, a crummy one just like yesterday. We ride by, glance into those cars and trucks and can't imagine being one of THEM, when we could be, we ARE, one of us." - Maynard Hershon, Citybike, 9/05

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone fill me in?  (Read 3245 times)
Shep

« on: October 06, 2014, 07:15:43 PM »

Will someone tell me how sending army troops to east africa is going to do any good with ebola?
What are they going to do shoot the virus?

I think that whom ever sends them should be charged with murder if even one dies from ebola.

This is the craziest thing I ever heard of.

I swear this proves that we have idiots in washington
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:26:35 PM by Shep » Logged

The two most important names I've been called "Dad, and Grandpa" all the rest are just names!
Al

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »

If I were to use SWAG it's the fact we come prepared with both knowledge equipment equaling positive action.
wordsmyth

tempermentally knobby...

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 05:54:01 AM »

In my humble opinion (which I greatly respect  prd  ) it is yet another glaring example of the ineptitude of our Idiot in Chief and his sycophant loyalists.

That's about as much as I can offer to shed light on the topic. Here's hoping it is helpful...

Seriously, I think it is too-little, too-late, but the war-zone ability of a MASH to deal with emerging crisis is well-known and a vote of confidence. And the military assignment will allow troops to be staged to protect the medical professionals as needed.

Former Marine, NRA Life Member, life-long truck guy

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -Marcus Aurelius

"Tyranny cannot be safe without a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." -James Madison
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 03:28:58 AM »

Idiot indeed. He needs to send troops, but not for Ebola, rather for the other little issue he says doesn't exist. ISIS.

wordsmyth

tempermentally knobby...

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 04:09:19 AM »

Idiot indeed. He needs to send troops, but not for Ebola, rather for the other little issue he says doesn't exist. ISIS.

Agreed.

Normally I take media blather and pundit opinions with not a grain, but with an entire shaker of salt. So as a negative reaction to the early media hysteria (think Rush, O'Reilly, ect) I've was guilty of giving Obama the benefit of the doubt in regard to his sense of right and wrong, and where his national priorities lay.

Unfortunately, "America first" seems to be a lost concept to him, and I have reluctantly concluded that he is furthermore a Muslim sympathizer. And he is the first "feminized male" we have had as an American president.

What I mean by that is he was reared by his mother in a single-parent home and his views of conflict and how to conduct relationships are more female than male. Moreover, he spent his early formative years in Indonesia, and thus has an eastern culture view of community.

Those influences in his psyche and the fact that his chief advisor (Valerie Jarrett) is Iranian/American has led to this dithering, hand-wringing personality we observe, and the result is going to be thousands slaughtered in Iraq and other parts of the middle east. And not to forget, the polarization and impacts we are seeing here in the U.S.A. will take years to ovecome - if they can be overcome.

The feminized male issue is a huge flashpoint among counselor/psychological types (I am one by training). Yes, there are single mothers doing heroic jobs of rearing young men, and some of them manage to grow up without identity confusion. But many of them unavoidably turn out as quiet, stay in the sandbox and play nice bookish types who have problems with male models of conflict.

I have been castigated for stating the viewpoint in the past and dutifully take a new beating whenever necessary, but the fact is that Schwarzenegger had it right -- the girly-men have taken over in most areas of politics and academia. And Obama is example 1 of what happens when an individual with that convoluted mindset rises to a position of power.

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -Marcus Aurelius

"Tyranny cannot be safe without a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." -James Madison
Al

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 05:48:22 AM »

Amen to that, there are those that think all is under control, while in fact we seem to be loosing it faster and faster.   You don't have to bomb a country into submission, just infect it and tie up the resources.
wordsmyth

tempermentally knobby...

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 05:56:58 AM »

Amen to that, there are those that think all is under control, while in fact we seem to be loosing it faster and faster.   You don't have to bomb a country into submission, just infect it and tie up the resources.

There you have it.

The next 24 months will be excruciating at best. Let us hope rational voices prevail and the country can muster the presence of mind and strength of conviction to do a massive turnover in Washington. Otherwise, we will become just another third-rate, balkanized country teetering along on the brink of disaster.

Ken Vanderburg

im gone down to a old GL1000 ..till i feel better.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 08:57:58 PM »

doesnt make sense,  these soldiers will all get the disease  and bring it home with them.  it will snowball like AIDS.

Ken VanderBurg
Whitecourt  ,Alberta
Al

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 05:49:03 AM »

Ken we are in better shape with those men there, according to the latest they will be building treatment centers not handling the sick, on top of that the military has been holding them in quarantine to see if the returning troops are infected. This disease responds well to treatment when caught early and unlike the CDC the military isn't playing guessing games.
Ken Vanderburg

im gone down to a old GL1000 ..till i feel better.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 02:27:36 PM »

I hope so Al. 

Ken VanderBurg
Whitecourt  ,Alberta
Shep

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 06:43:21 PM »

I hope so Al. 
me too Ken

The two most important names I've been called "Dad, and Grandpa" all the rest are just names!
kenvb

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2018, 09:36:36 AM »

so how did this turnout?   4 yrs later ?

what goes around.   comes around.
Al

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2018, 01:29:47 PM »

Well you hear no mention of Ebola and darn little of ISIS, the newest improved invasion is from the southern border, my thinks we should do it like the Australians are doing it but unfortunately we are not an island like they are.
Al

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2018, 05:06:58 PM »

Ken I should have waited until I read today's paper, Ebola never left  Sad The DRof C is on it's 10th outbreak of Ebola since it was discovered 42 years ago, 175 dead so far. One major problem is getting people on a vaccination and preventative program. To worsen the situation the workers sent to collect the deceased are coming under increased violent assault by villagers. The locals want traditional ways followed but that means they touch the corpse causing the virus to spread to others.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: