PIF - Paying It Forward
November 24, 2017, 09:32:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "We ride because we see long lines of cars and trucks, creeping along toward another day, a crummy one just like yesterday. We ride by, glance into those cars and trucks and can't imagine being one of THEM, when we could be, we ARE, one of us." - Maynard Hershon, Citybike, 9/05

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greg remember the near miss with the vulture, another critter yesterday  (Read 357 times)
Al

« on: August 28, 2017, 02:36:48 AM »

Well thanks to whomever you are that designed the Silverwings breaking system, I gave them full test yesterday on a ride. Speed 45 / 50 mph, riding covered and scanning I spotted movement out of the corner of my eye. BIG and brown suddenly was right in front of me followed by another one close behind, hard on both brakes I heard a tire chirp, a quick move left and made it between both of them. I'm not sure of the pucker rating but all three of us must be a bit tighter. This adventure was on Goose Creek rd. headed for rt. 56.
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 05:53:11 AM »

It sure is nice to have top notch brakes!

LadyWingr

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 06:22:07 PM »

Glad to hear a happy ending!
Ken Vanderburg

im gone down to a 175 guys..till i feel better.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 10:14:46 AM »

i have to agree  the 05 Silverwing i had did have great brakes.

Ken VanderBurg
Whitecourt  ,Alberta
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: