PIF - Paying It Forward
May 22, 2018, 12:53:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "We ride because we see long lines of cars and trucks, creeping along toward another day, a crummy one just like yesterday. We ride by, glance into those cars and trucks and can't imagine being one of THEM, when we could be, we ARE, one of us." - Maynard Hershon, Citybike, 9/05

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a tool thats actually made in North America,  (Read 125 times)
kenvb

« on: May 17, 2018, 03:56:45 PM »

well  USA to be exact.   I needed some snap ring pliers today and found these at local Cambodian Tire.

Al

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 04:02:33 AM »

U.S.A.  probably USA Japan  pdls hey it's happened before.
kenvb

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 07:05:41 AM »

Al. your right,.there is a town in Japan  named Usa. 
Al

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 08:27:55 AM »

I don't remember the specific product that brought attention to that fact but they were using USA and the packaging to make it appear to be made here. I don't know if they do that now.
oldwing81

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 12:40:59 PM »

https://www.channellock.com/machine/ still made in the USA

Arv DeGroot - Sacred Heart, MN
92 GL1500SE, 81 GL1100, Aspen Classic camper, & Morgan cargo trailer
Hick

Deere Power!

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 10:27:37 PM »

I don't remember the specific product that brought attention to that fact but they were using USA and the packaging to make it appear to be made here. I don't know if they do that now.
It was right after the War when Japan was rebuilding. At the time they had sub-quality products, and were putting "Made In USA" on the things made in Usa, Japan. (If you can find such a post-war item now, it has some extra value.)
As a result, we passed a law that anything sold in the States had to have the COUNTRY of origin stamped on it.
On another note, I had a gal friend in college who was an Army brat and was born in Japan. I asked if she had "Made in Japan" stamped on her bottom. Wink She said she did, but never offered to show it!  Sad

oldwing81

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 04:32:45 AM »

On another note, I had a gal friend in college who was an Army brat and was born in Japan. I asked if she had "Made in Japan" stamped on her bottom. Wink She said she did, but never offered to show it! rotflmao rotflmao

Arv DeGroot - Sacred Heart, MN
92 GL1500SE, 81 GL1100, Aspen Classic camper, & Morgan cargo trailer
Tony Melendy

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 05:28:28 PM »

In my carpenters union magazine they will only let USA tools be advertised .  There are several tools that are US made but they are pricey but also some of the best tools made . Stabila levels and Estwing hammers are a couple examples .
Cherryman

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 05:50:52 PM »

Yep, I used Estwing hammers for years repairing 20 bu apple/fruit boxes.  They are very good.    So good that they occasionally came up missing.    I finally assigned them to the guys and held them responsible for them.     They only had to buy one once !!   

Fred J. Lammlin
03 Blk Wing/Champion Kit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: