PIF - Paying It Forward
April 18, 2019, 10:39:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "We ride because we see long lines of cars and trucks, creeping along toward another day, a crummy one just like yesterday. We ride by, glance into those cars and trucks and can't imagine being one of THEM, when we could be, we ARE, one of us." - Maynard Hershon, Citybike, 9/05

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest Freebie  (Read 100 times)
kenvb

« on: April 15, 2019, 06:03:56 PM »

guy called me last night from Barrhead area.  said his Dad spent thousands on this Bolens tractor.  had it stripped. sandblasted. painted (wrong color).motor rebuilt.  then died 2 yrs ago.  would I like it.   he tried selling it.but cant get it to turn over to start?
ok  went with trailer..winched it in,hand bombed the snowblower alone. he said its F-----g free.  you load it .  ???? and came home  .

drained old gas.new premium   added a 1000 amp battery..  crossed solenoid.  started right up..backed it out of trailer in garage

KMA
Cherryman

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 06:37:34 PM »

Looks like an older model, but in good condition.     Nice paint, good rubber, nice seat--ought to bring you a few bucks.

Fred J. Lammlin
03 Blk Wing/Champion Kit
Al

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 04:21:02 AM »

Smiley Ken do you live at the end of a rainbow, a blue one this time ?
Goofyfixer

Greg Eames

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 04:47:12 AM »

Just curious, why would you put premium gas in an engine designed to run on regular??

I've always been hot for cool blue.
kenvb

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 06:28:12 AM »

Just curious, why would you put premium gas in an engine designed to run on regular??

BECAUSE back when it was new. regular gas had octane about same as the premium we have today.plus never has this ethanol chit in it. which air cooled motors don't like.   

KMA
John Anderson

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 06:35:17 AM »

Since you are here Ken. You also suggested to me that I put high test in my Champion generator yet they recommend regular. Can you give me a good reason other than ethanol that we can't get around in any gas now.
kenvb

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 06:42:30 AM »

JOhn  its ok to use that chit if u use it all the time. its when these little motors sit that that chit in the gas turns green and plugs the small openings in the carb,.lotta guys mix stabilizer in it ,I do that in fall for mowers and trimmers .  to each his own I guess. I use petro can high octane premium.  no issues.. my son has my 1989 Honda push mower..still starts 2 pulls in spring. I have the 89 tiller.  same thing..2 pulls in spring.my trimmers..powersaws..all same gas. start the same.

KMA
Cherryman

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 05:54:28 PM »

I'm lost.   Are you saying if you use premium not to use the stabilizer?   I bought a Stihl leaf blower (back pack) 3 yrs ago and the dealer said be sure to use Recreation gas, that's the old regular without ethanol they use in out board motors.    Only one station in town has it.    I've got a 30yr old 8 hp Wheel Horse mower that has always used the new regular gas with no problems, no stabilizer, and never been to the shop.    Guess I'm lucky.

Fred J. Lammlin
03 Blk Wing/Champion Kit
kenvb

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 08:37:37 PM »

Cherryman….no ethanol is best..but hard to buy that anywhere unless its premium.  if u have to use the gas with ethanol.yes use stabil.

KMA
Goofyfixer

Greg Eames

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 04:33:03 AM »

So, just to clarify, your premium is ethanol free? I get my ethanol free gas in regular. It's available down here either way but only at a truck stop 60 miles away. I have a neighbor that drives past it regularly and fills my 5 gal can whenever I need it.

I've always been hot for cool blue.
kenvb

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 06:17:17 AM »

here is list of  gas stations that  are ethanol free anymore. but Premium from  shell is what I use.
i wont fill up at local Esso.  lot of water issues.

All Canada:
Shell V-Power,
MacEwen premium
Toronto: Esso premium 93
Western Canada: CO-OP premium
New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, PEI: all premium? Please confirm with evidence!
British Columbia: Chevron 94
Ontario: Costco 91; Canadian Tire 91; Ultramar 91

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 06:25:10 AM by kenvb » Logged

KMA
John Anderson

« Reply #11 on: Today at 04:40:36 AM »

Thanks for the list Ken, I got two of them close to me. I'll check into using the CTC 91 if it is the same here but Provincial laws vary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: