PIF - Paying It Forward
December 14, 2019, 11:26:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Close Encounter with an Upset Chick  (Read 256 times)
Hick

Deere Power!

« on: July 14, 2019, 09:41:24 PM »

We had a fellow out to the North farm today looking at junk cars. As we were poking around in the granary, he stopped and looked into one of the bins and said, "You have something living in there, and he's mad!" I went over and heard that "Something" hissing loudly! Thinking badger, I went to the pickup and got my pistol. He said, "It's back there in the corner." Did not have a flashlight, so turned on the one in my phone. Wasn't strong enough to really see. Staying out of the bin looking in, the coloration confirmed my "badger" idea, but it looked funny. As my eyes got used to the darker room, I thought I saw chicken legs! Gradually realized it was two birds of some kind. Then one turned its head and I saw a bare ugly face! Baby Turkey Vultures! The size of chickens, but only halfway out of the downy stage!!

As I got closer to get better pictures, the one burrowed under the other.

Then the exposed one took a step towards me and raised its wings in a threatening manner. I laughed, realizing this was basically a two-month-old chick.

Then it jumped at me, wings spread out and a loud hiss! Okay, you win! I've got my pictures.

No birds were harmed, we left the immediate area, and they calmed down.

Vultures seem to be relatively new here, and it was a real privilege to meet the next generation!

Richard Edward

Two wheels are more therapy than transportation

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 07:39:34 PM »

So when are you adopting this "chick" and making a pet out of it?     prd 

You meet the nicest people on a Honda or a Harley or a Kawasaki or a Yamaha  etc etc
Hick

Deere Power!

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 09:04:24 PM »

So when are you adopting this "chick" and making a pet out of it?     prd 
Well, not too sure how that would work out at GPR. I'm afraid with old farts like you it would be overworked circling the camp!

Richard Edward

Two wheels are more therapy than transportation

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 10:55:10 AM »

So when are you adopting this "chick" and making a pet out of it?     prd
Well, not too sure how that would work out at GPR. I'm afraid with old farts like you it would be overworked circling the camp!

Where is Ken with his KMA when it is needed?    prd

As slow as I move now, having buzzards circling overhead  would be a major concern.   rotflmao

You meet the nicest people on a Honda or a Harley or a Kawasaki or a Yamaha  etc etc
kenvb

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 08:11:06 PM »

Patiance my ass..  I wanna kill something ,said the one vulture to the other.

KMA
Hick

Deere Power!

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 07:12:15 AM »

So when are you adopting this "chick" and making a pet out of it?     prd

Where is Ken with his KMA when it is needed?    prd

As slow as I move now, having buzzards circling overhead  would be a major concern.   rotflmao
rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao
Patiance my ass..  I wanna kill something ,said the one vulture to the other.
tup1

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: