PIF - Paying It Forward
November 19, 2019, 01:12:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ken Vanderberg  (Read 1213 times)
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2019, 04:29:41 AM »

At hypertension stage 1 your systolic value is between 140 – 159 mmHg and your diastolic value is between 90 – 99 mmHg. This is the classification set by the World Health Organisation (WHO).

Hypertension stage 1 is the lowest form of high blood pressure. You will be able to regulate your blood pressure with sports and a well-balanced diet most likely.

Three foods to avoid.

https://1md.org/lp/is-this-epidemic-damaging-your-body-aw-IBS?tr=AmaOr&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIssOk4JHu4wIVCtzACh3PiAwsEAEYASAAEgKlYfD_BwE

kenvb

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2019, 06:40:18 AM »

Not good Ken not good, prayers for you and I hope the find something in your test that they can use to help you. Just an after thought, IF they put you on some kind of blood thinners your going to have to be real careful in the shop and it's not just the cutting aspect but sever bruising can and will occur and that's not something to ignore. Good luck.

I know that.but I have to make extra money when I can. our pension was cut by $210 month each, Trudeau cut all seniors and vets pension ?  we do get CPP  too  that's $240 a month too  try to live on $840 a month is tough.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 08:28:59 PM by kenvb » Logged

KMA
Al

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2019, 06:47:44 AM »

Sorry to hear that Ken, I noticed the Guaranteed Income, is that something that was withheld from your wages whether you wanted it to be withheld like our Social Security System?  Yes a pay cut of any kind hurts theirs or yours  Sad
MickeyNew

Pat in Bama

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2019, 08:23:20 AM »

Free healthcare is going to kill Ken.  He went for an ultrasound today.  They didn't have him down for an appointment that his Dr made for him and they can't work him in.  In the meantime he thinks he may have had another stroke.  His Dr is out of town for a month.  I told him to get to the ER.  Sigh.

wflg
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2019, 08:26:40 AM »

Free healthcare is going to kill Ken.  He went for an ultrasound today.  They didn't have him down for an appointment that his Dr made for him and they can't work him in.  In the meantime he thinks he may have had another stroke.  His Dr is out of town for a month.  I told him to get to the ER.  Sigh.

Wow that’s not good. I use “ My Chart”  where I can see test results, monitor appointments that they populate from within the system, request refills, and link other medical networks I’m using. I really like that.

Wingsconsin

Who says so...!?

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2019, 09:08:00 AM »

YEA ! Let's get some of that ..  Roll Eyes

Best wishes Ken - keep fightin'

One time when I went to the Dr.s and the nurse took my BP
When she was finished she said .." You pressure is a little high for a man your age"
I responded ...." I promise that next time I come in ...I will be older..." Wink

Carl R. Munkwitz
MickeyNew

Pat in Bama

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2019, 08:06:38 PM »

I just talked to Ken.  He went to the wrong facility this morning for the ultrasound.  It is rescheduled for Friday.  Wednesday is the CT scan 200 miles away.

wflg
BargingFool

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2019, 06:04:04 AM »

He went to the wrong facility this morning for the ultrasound. 

Does he know how to use a GPS?
kenvb

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2019, 03:24:19 PM »

went for C scan and Ultra sound this morning 200  miles away.   lady didn't talk about the c SCAN.  But the lady that did the Ultrasound did say my Carotid Artery went from 80 % plugged to 48 %  ..  in 2 yrs?  talk to your Doctor she says.

KMA
BargingFool

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2019, 04:04:51 PM »

went for C scan and Ultra sound this morning 200  miles away.   lady didn't talk about the c SCAN.  But the lady that did the Ultrasound did say my Carotid Artery went from 80 % plugged to 48 %  ..  in 2 yrs?  talk to your Doctor she says.

I thought your ultrasound was postponed until this Friday?
kenvb

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2019, 06:28:39 AM »

Doc office got me in right away. im not arguing. takes so long to see these people .

KMA
MickeyNew

Pat in Bama

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2019, 09:11:45 AM »

Report from Ken:

blood pressure in right foot half of what it should be. 3/4 in left foot. have 2 % feeling left in right foot and 55 in left.  she recommends surgery?

wflg
kenvb

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2019, 07:03:05 PM »

pooped  helped put a  set of brakes and shocks and a leveling kit  in sons new to him 05 Chev and brakes in  my Honda quad.

KMA
Al

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2019, 05:45:31 AM »

Depending on how long it was from when you stopped working until you took this reading it would be in the Hypertension stage. A while back before my pacemaker installation I had the opposite problem, BP would drop and heart rate would climb, I got the docs to listen by taking a record of my activities with matching BP along with me to my appointments. 
kenvb

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2019, 06:23:01 AM »

Al.  usually take it few hours after stop working .

KMA
Al

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2019, 11:40:40 AM »

Grab the chance to get things fixed and good luck.
kenvb

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2019, 07:50:43 PM »

KMA
kenvb

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2019, 05:22:00 PM »

Doc appoint today.  he ordered more blood tests and had some X rays on leg& foot ..but is pretty sure the pain im feeling is lack o blood to right side from the stroke. going to make appoint with Nuerloligist again? had one 2 yrs ago after first stroke. that didn't accomplich   buger all either.  Huh?   

KMA
JWnWyoming

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2019, 05:19:49 PM »

I pray for success Ken, We'll get you well and go terrorize Gary together.   
kenvb

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2019, 05:44:33 PM »

now the Doc wants me to see a Nuroligist?  that could take a while.

KMA
MickeyNew

Pat in Bama

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2019, 09:41:20 AM »

News from Ken this morning:

Hospital again. Couldn't walk this morning.  XRays. on lower back now. this new young Doc says its all from that car accident 12 yrs ago in Barrhead. pinched nerve?

wflg
Al

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2019, 10:00:39 AM »

Not good but maybe new eyes will get him help.
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2019, 11:19:04 AM »

I'm finding out pinched nerves can make you miserable.

ChiefBob

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2019, 02:59:08 PM »

Back in 1981, I got whiplash from being rear-ended in our car. 10 years later I was in so much pain I had to have surgery for a ruptured disc and have it fused. Now I have to see about my right hand going numb.

Bob Kekeis (Lurker)
Al

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2019, 02:59:43 PM »

It's when they tell you they can fix it but the cure may be as bad or worse than the cure  pdls pdls.  You're young, nerves regenerate a lot better for the younger.
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2019, 03:13:46 PM »

Back in 1981, I got whiplash from being rear-ended in our car. 10 years later I was in so much pain I had to have surgery for a ruptured disc and have it fused. Now I have to see about my right hand going numb.

Sounds like carpool tunnel. EMG test for you.  prd

kenvb

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2019, 08:11:52 AM »

I heard that some one said these are our Golden Years ?   like to smack that person.

were off to see another Bank repo place in the country.  In the bush they should say.  a couple we knew built this in the 70s. its totally Off Grid.self sustaining. then he died amd she sold it about 10 yrs ago to the neighbor. it was 160 acre piece. neighbor subdivided it to 12 acres now.and resold it 6 yrs ago.this guy walked away from it yr ago. my brothers real estate firm had had the listing for past yr with no bites. they were asking $320,000   now down to $250,000   brothers thinks maybe $200,000 will take it.  taking my cordless drill and small bit along to drill into bottom logs. after 40 yrs..they could be rotten and if so. place isn't worth that either. show you more pics later

I took these few weeks ago when we peaked in the driveway.  theres 100 yard of bush between it and road. very quiet.

water boiler shed

KMA
BargingFool

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2019, 01:06:47 PM »

check for mold too -- the black toxic mold.
Al

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2019, 02:16:15 PM »

Ken IMHO with health problems that looks like a pretty big bite to chew on, more so being off grid no ezze pezze  just walk in and settle down deal. If the logs / frames are punky it will be a big job replacing them. Good luck on your choice.
kenvb

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2019, 04:46:06 PM »

.real estate person cancelled on us,try tomorrow he said

KMA
kenvb

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2019, 08:43:28 PM »

https://www.remax.ca/ab/whitecourt-rural-real-estate/13526-township-rd-575-wp_id237877653-lst

KMA
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: