PIF - Paying It Forward
November 18, 2019, 04:35:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "We ride because we see long lines of cars and trucks, creeping along toward another day, a crummy one just like yesterday. We ride by, glance into those cars and trucks and can't imagine being one of THEM, when we could be, we ARE, one of us." - Maynard Hershon, Citybike, 9/05

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IN CASE YOU FORGOT.  (Read 123 times)
brian c

« on: November 09, 2019, 04:29:03 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TA9ECyxb9Ss&amp;ap=%2526fmt%3D18&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/TA9ECyxb9Ss&amp;ap=%2526fmt%3D18&amp;rel=0</a>
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 05:33:32 PM by iwing » Logged

Brian & Doris
Cottage Grove, MN

2001 GL1800 Goldwing
2008 Aspen Classic camper

Charter Member: Hines Wing Group 2002

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
-Robert J. Hanlon
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 05:40:26 PM »

Thanks for posting Brian. I did an edit on it to show the video in your post.

Al

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 07:24:43 PM »

tup1 remembering well, a bit like today weather wise.
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 04:28:28 AM »

tup1 remembering well, a bit like today weather wise.

It was 60* and windy and then when people started heading home there were some tornadoes in some areas of the travelers as I recall.

iwing
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 04:39:31 AM »

I remember Mike Roop was in attendance and this is what he went home to in Van Wert OH
(not Mike in the photo)

The second largest November tornado outbreak on record over the eastern United States
occurred during the Veterans Day weekend of November 9-11, 2002. Seventy-six tornadoes
were reported in seventeen states. Of the 76 tornadoes, almost one out of every six was a killer,
resulting in 36 fatalities.
Tornadoes first developed in eastern Arkansas on Saturday afternoon, November 9.
However, most of the storms occurred on Sunday, November 10, beginning in Indiana around
midday and becoming widespread from Mississippi to Ohio through the afternoon and evening.
There were 17 fatalities in Tennessee, 12 in Alabama, 5 in Ohio, and 1 each in Pennsylvania and
Mississippi.
An assessment was made of the performance of the National Centers for Environmental
Predictionís (NCEP) Storm Prediction Center (SPC) which is responsible for issuing severe
weather outlooks and watches. The performance of the eight Weather Forecast Offices (WFOs)
responsible for issuing warnings in the counties where the fatalities occurred was also assessed.
The service assessment team found overwhelming approval of the National Weather Service
(NWS) performance. The emergency management community and the public were well served
by the outlooks, statements, watches, and warnings issued prior to and during the event.

https://www.weather.gov/media/publications/assessments/veteran.pdf

kenvb

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 06:29:04 AM »

does Mr Hines still have the 1500?

KMA
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 06:47:36 AM »

does Mr Hines still have the 1500?

He has a trike now.

iwing
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 08:29:15 AM »

A little irony here (yea, it bugs me still I guess)

When I look at this picture I posted above I remember now that's the picture that went in to Wing World. The irony about this is most of GWRRA was against this except Mike Wright and Bob (ChiefBob) Kekeis. State director had a problem with it and our chapter director wouldn't have anything to do with it.  Basically if it wasn't a fund raiser on their agenda they wanted nothing to do with it, and I get it that the chapters need to fund raise to survive but this wasn't even a topic that was brought up in the meeting. I was even contacted by other chapters I didn't even know who was telling me I was making a big mistake. This was clearly an event that was a group effort by a lot of people.
Once they heard how big was getting chapter members showed up. 7 of them are in the picture including the CD and wife. Don't get me wrong I like all these people still  today but where were you then? Hmmmm

nuferdog

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 11:43:46 AM »

Always a good memory, and man were some of you a lot younger looking. tup1

True happiness can be found in the eyes of our children.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: