PIF - Paying It Forward
December 08, 2019, 11:56:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "We ride because we see long lines of cars and trucks, creeping along toward another day, a crummy one just like yesterday. We ride by, glance into those cars and trucks and can't imagine being one of THEM, when we could be, we ARE, one of us." - Maynard Hershon, Citybike, 9/05

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first day  (Read 243 times)
iwing
Administrator

« on: November 12, 2019, 04:48:47 AM »

Don't worry I won't bore you with daily log entries but this is seems like the biggest company ever with paperwork, and I worked for xpedx which was a division of International Paper.

Before my hire was "authorized" I had to read and sign off on 29 documents. On Friday the boss says I'll get my marching orders on Monday from the scheduler...it never came so I contacted the boss end of day Monday and found out she sent it to my new email....which I don't have yet. The email says the boss wants me to work from home to start the "onboarding" process.  rotflmao

Since I am what they call a "telecommuter" which means I don't report to an office and work from home I will need to meet with another tech and physically show him 2 forms of ID to prove who I am. Then I will need another background check to get in to some of the accounts with high security. Had a TS when I was in the Navy and I've been a good boy ever since so no problem there.

Oh well, it's a process.  prd

MickeyNew

Pat in Bama

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 06:57:59 AM »

And pee in a cup?

wflg
Al

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 07:17:14 AM »

Only one form of ID needed, your tattoo. Grin
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 08:13:14 AM »

And pee in a cup?
Oddly enough, no. Just background and credit check.

Wingsconsin

Who says so...!?

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 08:30:52 AM »

Good for you --
Work - Sleep - Ride - Repeat
Sounds like a plan to me

Carl R. Munkwitz
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 08:51:37 AM »

Good for you --
Work - Sleep - Ride - Repeat
Sounds like a plan to me

Judging from all the email traffic this morning and schedules for the other 3 Ohio guys I think it will hit the fan soon enough. Lots of things going on. Biggest hold up now is the new laptop isn't ready. Can't do anything on their network without it but this afternoon I'm going to one of the Ohio guys house to show him ID for the I9 form and he has a spare company laptop I may be using.

LadyWingr

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 11:57:03 AM »

Hope the job is what you expected once you actually get to work. What a bonus telecommuting. Will you have to physically check in somewhere occasionally, beyond the ID verification?
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 02:33:05 PM »

Hope the job is what you expected once you actually get to work. What a bonus telecommuting. Will you have to physically check in somewhere occasionally, beyond the ID verification?

No. They have a huge training facility in Manchester NH and at some point I'll go there for 3 weeks of training. All my ID was validated today by another tech then I had to FedEx the hard copy to California. Geeze, who comes up with all this?

Cherryman

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 06:25:13 PM »

Wow, is this job for the Secret Service or the CIA ??     Sure sounds like it !!

Fred J. Lammlin
03 Blk Wing/Champion Kit
MickeyNew

Pat in Bama

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 06:31:05 PM »

Will you have a company car or use yours and get paid mileage? 

wflg
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 12:23:18 AM »

Iíll use mine and get a car allowance and expense fuel.

Al

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 06:18:55 AM »

Iíll use mine and get a car allowance and expense fuel.

Sounds like a plan hope it all works out well for you AND they take care of the worker in the long run. 
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2019, 04:47:03 AM »

It's been an interesting start, might even say challenging. Communication isn't the best as I am OJT'ing with other tech's, but it will get there. I'll have official training in New Hampshire starting in January, 2 and 3 weeks at a time.

So, I've been paid twice now. (yes, they pay weekly  Shocked ) I get $600 a month car allowance so on my first check there was the $600. My second check there was another $600 so I knew something was wrong and contacted payroll. HR then contacted me;

Hi Greg,

Your car allowance was overpaid by $900 due to a data entry error. How would you like to pay this back?

She then suggested a payment plan weekly which I agreed to but this was my reply.

How about that? Not here a month yet and in debt.  Wink

The payment plan you listed below will be fine.

I wouldíve said something on my first check had I known the payments were broken down to 150 per payday.

Oh well, it's nice to be employed.

Al

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 06:38:14 AM »

Communication isn't the best <<>> Unfortunately that seems to be something I've been noticing lately with a LOT of companies, yours may improve but I'm wondering about a couple of mine Sad 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: