PIF - Paying It Forward
January 19, 2020, 01:19:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, ain't this the shits?  (Read 331 times)
Hick

Deere Power!

« on: November 26, 2019, 09:17:24 AM »

Just what everyone wants to spend their money on!
Tank in, now for the drain field.
This was Monday at noon, hoping to get done before the blizzard hits Tuesday.

To get to the pipe coming out of the house, we had to disassemble the deck. To make it easier, I cut out some stringers.

Got them put back in after we were done, but not the decking; ran out of light and energy!

Expensive styrofoam peanuts!

The center run has perforated pipe in the center surrounded by treated peanuts. The two outer one are just big bags of treated peanuts! This takes place of a gravel pack.
This is the short run, 90'. The other one is 100'. This method goes in REAL fast, which is what we needed today.  I could put them in as fast as he could dig the trench. Yeah, I was helping; his helper had to go fix one of his own tractors for the snow tomorrow. We hadn't started the field yet when he left. He was gone for only an hour and a half, and we had most of the field in by the time he got back.
The contractor knocked some $$ off for me helping. Slim joked that it was so much fun, I'd want to help them put in others. Heck, why not? So I told John I may be available, give me a call!

After a long day which included some manual labor, the septic system is in.
So now I can officially give a shit!  prd

This morning: First snowflake fell around 8:15 as I was pulling out of the shed to do some more dirt work on the septic install.
It appeared to need a lot of reseeding / sodding next spring, but I got to thinking; some of that bare ground was actually packed dirt over the grass. Concerned that it may smother over winter, I dropped the dozer off the 210 and put my ripper on. Went to adjust the angle of the teeth and the adjuster broke! Fixed it (with improvements) then headed out to tear up the packed soil. It was doing a pretty good job for the most part, but riding over the harder pack. So I stepped off the tractor (I have bypassed the safety switch on the seat so the engine didn't kill when I got off) and stepped on the ripper bar. Broke through the crust and bogged the tractor down; it went too deep! Had to step on, break crust, then step off. Got it all broke up and loosened up so the grass will recover good in the spring.
As I was working the ground turned white.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 07:04:20 PM by Hick » Logged

iwing
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 01:42:55 PM »

Looks like a shit load of work. Find any bodies?

kenvb

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 02:03:28 PM »

now you cant have traffic in back yard. keep the vehicles  on north  side only.

KMA
Cherryman

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 03:44:46 PM »

So that's your drain field?    Three runs with perforated pipe and bags of treated peanuts?    A new idea to me !!

Fred J. Lammlin
03 Blk Wing/Champion Kit
Al

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 03:57:48 PM »

My step son has been installing these systems for a while now, the first one I saw I said THAT is all there is to it?
Hick

Deere Power!

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 07:03:03 PM »

Looks like a shit load of work. Find any bodies?

A bunch of broken crocks (but no coins), a power pole guy-wire anchor (where there is no pole) and one cast iron leg for a claw-foot bathtub. It was a huge blob of rust, but enough to know what it was.
And right off the bat we found the huge stump of the tree I had removed a few years ago and forgot about!
Fairly rotten on top, lots of smaller feeder roots under. Now have a pile of firewood!  Roots are good firewood; nice and solid from holding up the tree!

COPJR
Feel the POWER!!!!
Global Moderator

The WI Road Runner

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 08:59:44 PM »

That's what you get for letting Ken crap in your house......

rotflmao

Hick

Deere Power!

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 04:28:48 PM »

That's what you get for letting Ken crap in your house......

rotflmao

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

John Anderson

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 05:08:02 PM »

Well when I was there at GPR 1, the outhouse had Big Poop on it so he could find it.
kenvb

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 09:08:17 PM »

KMA      by the way..we have to bury our sewer lines 6 ft deep.  why not there Hick?

KMA
Hick

Deere Power!

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2019, 01:37:16 AM »

KMA      by the way..we have to bury our sewer lines 6 ft deep.  why not there Hick?

Drain fields disperse 50% of the affluent via evaporation. If too deep, it won't evaporate.

John Anderson

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2019, 06:43:33 AM »

Well I just had to check mine since I am on septic as well. Mine is 390 feet of 6 sloped runs of 65 foot perforated PVC pipe under 3 feet of fill 27 feet wide. My first and most recent pump out was in 2015 after ignoring it for 20 years and I am good until 2025. 
Al

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2019, 06:57:25 AM »

Be kind to your septic systems, use the skinny paper.
ChiefBob

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2019, 08:16:34 AM »

I use Septic Klean from http://www.septicsolutions.net/store/aerobicbacterium_rootkiller.htm

I had my septic system pumped after 23 years and it was clean. I put in one packet on the first of the month.

Bob Kekeis (Lurker)
kenvb

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2019, 08:30:38 AM »

when we put in a new cement tank w pump out at Barrhead,  the lines were 6 ft deep  top of tank was also 6 ft underground with a access man way sticking up out of the ground for the poop truck.  we had it pumped out once a yr after that. was no field.

KMA
Al

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2019, 09:15:56 AM »

No field AT ALL????? Where did the " processed " water go after the tank.
kenvb

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2019, 09:45:12 PM »

didn't go anywhere. the county wouldn't let me put a field in due to the high water table. it was a very big tank. think 5000 gallons.  I ran a separate drain from washing machine out side of house in the old drain pipe that ran under the road and behind the garage.

KMA
John Anderson

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2019, 06:05:17 AM »

If you have a high water table Ken, then your sump pump must run a lot, mine does. Or did you not have a basement.
Al

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2019, 07:27:42 AM »

didn't go anywhere. the county wouldn't let me put a field in due to the high water table. it was a very big tank. think 5000 gallons.  I ran a separate drain from washing machine out side of house in the old drain pipe that ran under the road and behind the garage.

Have you ever considered a mound system ? in ground septic tank with an above ground leaching system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: