PIF - Paying It Forward
October 01, 2020, 04:26:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "We ride because we see long lines of cars and trucks, creeping along toward another day, a crummy one just like yesterday. We ride by, glance into those cars and trucks and can't imagine being one of THEM, when we could be, we ARE, one of us." - Maynard Hershon, Citybike, 9/05

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My friends are driving me to drink!  (Read 302 times)
Hick

Deere Power!

« on: January 22, 2020, 10:29:09 AM »

First, it was Jerry Fouquette who brought wine from Iowa to GPR.
Then Der Beirmeister brought Spaten Optimator from Munich.
Few years later Dick Fraser brought moonshine from Kentucky. It had the strong sour mash flavor and HOLY SHIT kick-ass alky-fire! He brought it in a mason jar, I put it in a bottle with a cork in it. Took a few sips over the years. By year three it still had the sour mash flavor and was as smooth as silk!
But his "supplier" wound up in jail! Sad
I was lamenting that the "moonshine" sold in the local stores were not the first run, open barrel product, but rather triple distilled which is nothing more than Vodka!
Then Brian Cress brought me some Minnesota 13 hooch.

Great sour mash flavor, fairly smooth. Good stuff! After that bottle was gone, I found it on-line an got a couple more bottles delivered, but at $42 a bottle by the time shipping was paid!
Then I discovered this Howard hooch in my back yard (it is brewed in Howard County) . Not as strong sour mash flavor, but it works! And only $19 / bottle!

I also tried their Vodka and Whiskey; not impressed.
Both have a bit of a "bite" to them.
Soldier Valley Vodka, also a Nebraska product, is smooth, about like Stolichnya from Moscow.
https://soldiervalleyspirits.com/spirits/vodka/
As for a good sippin' whiskey, I've progressed from Jack #7, to Old Forester, and have finally landed on Jim Beam Double Oak as my preferred:

Whiz-Kid

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 02:53:40 PM »

I have a friend that brews his own moonshine and boy is it good. I was a beer man but this stuff would make me a shine drinker in no time. To bad I had to quite drinking 7 years ago.

Mikeee
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 03:46:06 PM »

My buddy Ron Bien and I would hit a couple distilleries on the Bourbon Trail in Ky when we would head out on a trip. We've been to 6 or 7 and my FAVORITE without question is Woodford Reserve double oaked. Oh yea, I need to get some of that again.

Greg & Darlene Hayden 2003 Candy  Red
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: