PIF - Paying It Forward
January 19, 2020, 12:25:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "We ride because we see long lines of cars and trucks, creeping along toward another day, a crummy one just like yesterday. We ride by, glance into those cars and trucks and can't imagine being one of THEM, when we could be, we ARE, one of us." - Maynard Hershon, Citybike, 9/05

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Never say Never! Paraplegic Biker  (Read 76 times)
Hick

Deere Power!

« on: January 15, 2020, 01:36:50 PM »

Saw this on GOLDWINGERS FB page, permission to share:

Gene Goldberger
January 12 at 6:55 AM
There are times that the Lord brings people into our lives that just plain inspire . Today was one of those days . While out riding today with two other Goldwing riders we met Brian . He rides the same type of bike that I do a Gl1500. He is paralyzed from the waste down and has been for 25 years . That did not stop him from riding . He rigged his bike up so he can use his hands to brake and shift . This is an incredible feat in itself . Has a side car on the bike for his gear . I was blessed to be able to ride with him for an hour or so. The best part of it he can ride better then many I have seen. I made a new friend today and look forward to riding with him again .
Thank you Lord for today and this amazing and inspirational experience.

Itís a very simple but genius set up . He just pushed forward on the brake lever. And the shifting, 1 push forward and then 4 pulling back to up shift .

Keeps his gear & wheelchair in the side car.

kenvb

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 04:03:27 PM »

nice.. we do what we have to do to ride.

KMA
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 04:21:51 PM »

Jim "Wheels" Leatherman is quite the character. Great guy, and rides everywhere.
Lost his legs as a kid fooling around some trains and slid under one.

Al

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 07:25:43 AM »

like where there is a will there is a way.
Scott Mattson

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 09:33:27 PM »

Jim Leatherman used to post a lot on facebook but has seemed to disappeared. His lost post to his home page was 7/10/18?
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 02:45:10 AM »

Jim Leatherman used to post a lot on facebook but has seemed to disappeared. His lost post to his home page was 7/10/18?

No heís still posting quite a bit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: