PIF - Paying It Forward
August 10, 2020, 09:39:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "We ride because we see long lines of cars and trucks, creeping along toward another day, a crummy one just like yesterday. We ride by, glance into those cars and trucks and can't imagine being one of THEM, when we could be, we ARE, one of us." - Maynard Hershon, Citybike, 9/05

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not the expected results.  (Read 111 times)
Al

« on: July 31, 2020, 12:44:20 PM »

Well the Covid- 19 isn't working fast enough nor as effectively as wished sooooooooooooo

RELEASE THE SEEDS.
John Anderson

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 01:10:16 PM »

Sorry but that went way over my head Al. I have no idea what you mean. 
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 01:44:22 PM »

Terri Sue (LadyWinger)......translation please.....she speaks Al!  rotflmao

Greg & Darlene Hayden 2003 Candy  Red
Pappy

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 02:35:55 PM »

I suspect he is talking about "strange seeds" that have arrived by mail to citizens of the US from China, All over the news telling people not to plant them.

https://news.yahoo.com/people-getting-mystery-seed-packets-132443770.html

Allen Philbeck
Shelby, NC
1998 GL1500SE
Al

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 02:37:47 PM »

Another gift from China.

Ohio Department of Agriculture- A stern warning has been issued regarding seeds that you may or may have already received in your mail. The ODA is asking that you DO NOT plant these seeds and report them HERE.

“If you receive a package of this type, please DO NOT plant these seeds. If they are in sealed packaging, don’t open the sealed package. Please retain the seeds and the original package labeling for trade compliance officers as they work through this issue. Unsolicited seeds could be invasive species, contain noxious weeds, could introduce diseases to local plants, or could be harmful to livestock. Invasive species and noxious weeds can displace native plants and increase costs of food production. ODA and APHIS work hard to prevent the introduction of invasive species and protect Ohio agriculture. All foreign seeds shipped to the United States should have a phytosanitary certificate which guarantees the seeds meet important requirements.”

iwing
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 04:52:15 PM »

Ah ok.

LadyWingr

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 07:41:16 PM »

Haha! Yep, I understood the first post.
Scott Mattson

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 09:13:19 PM »

Something I can't believe is that authorities can find out where salmanela poisoning in a salad came from in 3 days but have no idea what these seeds are?
iwing
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 11:56:35 PM »

iwing
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 02:25:59 AM »

I'm all over it now. It was right in front of my face.

John Anderson

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 05:57:21 AM »

OK got it now. And I had read about the seeds too, but you know what age does to some of us.  Smiley
Al

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 06:58:00 AM »

Something I can't believe is that authorities can find out where salmanela poisoning in a salad came from in 3 days but have no idea what these seeds are?

I saw in one photo of the packaging when the tracking wasn't enabled, salad in bags are barcoded / dated ect. so tracking is easier. Kind of like getting a letter with no return address, the postmark might help but only if mailed from where it really originated.
LadyWingr

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2020, 03:02:56 PM »

Deliveries are making me (more) crazy these days. FedEx shipment can't get across the river (apparently lost) but funky seeds can come from China.  Strange times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: